Jonathan A. Griffith's Profile
Jonathan Griffith’s practice includes litigation in various fields of law, including construction, insurance defense, corporations, employment, and probate and estates. Additionally, Jonathan enjoys representing local and national organizations, churches, and nonprofits, helping them accomplish their goals and avoid or resolve disputes.
Jonathan graduated first in his class from the Cumberland School of Law at Samford University in Birmingham, Alabama, where he was a member of the Jere F. White, Jr., Fellows Program. He also served as Associate Editor of the Cumberland Law Review; a Caruthers Fellow teaching assistant for legal research and writing; and team leader for the Center for Children, Law, and Ethics. Jonathan received nine Scholar of Merit awards for earning the top grade in his law school classes, was awarded the M. Alan Stevens Award for excellence in business/tax law, and was elected by faculty and students to receive the Daniel Austin Brewer Professionalism Award.
After law school, Jonathan worked as a law clerk for the Honorable Karon O. Bowdre, Chief Judge of the United States District Court for the Northern District of Alabama.
Jonathan lives in Vestavia Hills with his wife, Amy, and their two biological children, Caia and Isaac. Before law school, Jonathan and his family served as cross-cultural ministers in India and Costa Rica, where they had the privilege of serving at-risk children for nearly 10 years. He and Amy continue to serve on the board of directors of a non-profit that helps send indigenous missionaries to remote parts of Southeast Asia. They are members of Shades Mountain Baptist Church and are actively involved in foster care ministry.
- Cumberland School of Law at Samford University, Birmingham, AL, J.D., 2017, summa cum laude. Honors: Jere F. White Fellowship; Associate Editor of the Cumberland Law Review; 9 Scholar of Merit awards; Caruthers Fellow Teaching Assistant; David Austin Brewer Professionalism Award; M. Alan Stevens Award
- University of Georgia, B.A., Religion, minor in Spanish, 2003
- Alabama, 2017
- U.S.D.C., Northern District of Alabama, 2018
- U.S.D.C., Middle District of Alabama, 2018
- U.S.D.C., Southern District of Alabama, 2018