Cecil H. “Coy” Macoy, Jr.'s Profile
Cecil H. “Coy” Macoy, Jr. practices principally in the areas of civil litigation and construction law. He represents insurance companies, construction companies, automobile dealerships, and other corporate and individual clients in both state and federal court.
Coy has been named to Best Lawyers in America. He has been assigned the highest possible Peer Review Ratings for legal ability and ethical standards in the Martindale-Hubbell ® Legal Directory. He is a member of the Alabama Defense Lawyers Association, Defense Research Institute and American Bar Association’s Forum on the Construction Industry.
Born and raised in Birmingham, Alabama, Coy graduated from the University of Alabama School of Law in 1989. He served as a senior editor of the Alabama Law Review and was honored by induction into the Order of the Coif. Before law school, Coy graduated with highest honors from the Georgia Institute of Technology in 1986 with a degree in mechanical engineering.
Coy has been a deacon at his local church for many years. He is an active participant in his sons’ youth sports programs, and he enjoys playing golf.
- The University of Alabama School of Law, Tuscaloosa, AL, J.D., 1989
Honors: Senior Editor of Alabama Law Review, Order of the Coif, Hugo L. Black Scholar
- Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA, Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering, with Highest Honors, 1986
Honors: Tau Beta Pi, Pi Tau Sigma
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit, 1989
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Alabama, 1989
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Alabama, 1989
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Alabama, 1989
- Alabama, 1989